Certificate of Amendment
An amendment to your Corporation or Limited Liability Company is a formal filing with the state of registration that officially changes details of your business structure. Amendments can be very simple or very complex.
Here are some examples:
- Name change. Let's say you decide that your company name no longer describes your business. Instead of forming a whole new corporation or LLC, you can elect to simply "amend" the name.
- Stock change. When you need to raise additional capital to expand your corporation, you can issue stock. The amount of authorized stock can be increased by filing an amendment with the state. The price for stock amendments vary for each company. To get started please complete the online order form.
- Change in Directors or Members. If one of the directors or members listed on the Articles of Incorporation or Organization leaves, or a new one is added, you can update that information by filing an amendment.
You should know that filing an amendment does not change your Federal Tax ID, since your company is still the same legal entity. However, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must be notified of any name amendments.
Need an amendment? Let us handle it.
A Certificate of Amendment must be filed with the Secretary of State. It will state what is being changed, how the change was adopted and when it will be effective. American Incorporators can handle this quickly and efficiently for you.
Our services include:
- Name search
- Preparing and filing the Certificate of Amendment
- Payment of appropriate filing fees and recording costs
- Changing the name or authorized shares of stock? Order a new company kit prior to check out!
In most states, amendment filings take 5 to 7 days. Some states can take up to 4 to 6 weeks. So if you have changes, the sooner you begin the process, the better.
Many states offer expediting service. The cost varies per state. You will have the opportunity to add expediting service prior to check out.Get Pricing Get Started Now
We'll get changes done for you - fast.
- We will prepare the Certificate of Amendment and send it to you for signature. (Most states require an officer of the corporation or a member of the LLC to sign amendments.)
- Once we receive your signed documents, we will review them thoroughly to make sure everything is complete and accurate.
- Using our nationwide network, we will have the Amendment filed with the Secretary of State.
- Once the state has approved the amendment, we forward the filed evidence to you as proof of filing.
Change is good. Change handled by American Incorporators is even better! Get started online or call us at 800.441.5940. We'll be happy to answer all your questions.
Get help from a Customer Care Specialist online.
Certified Copy of Corporate Documents
- Total Price:$