Foreign Corporation or LLC Qualification
Do you know the difference between a "domestic" and "foreign" designation? Your company is considered a domestic entity only in the state in which it was formed. All other states consider your company a "foreign" entity. Therefore, to do business in those other states, you must file a Certificate of Authority. That's important. Without the proper foreign qualification, you could lose access to that state's judicial system or even be hit with fines, back taxes and penalties.
In fact, corporations and LLCs are subject to taxes and annual report fees in both the state of formation and any states where they are qualified to do business as a foreign entity. Most states also require corporations and LLCs to have a registered agent in each state where the company is qualified.
Need a Foreign Qualification (Certificate of Authority)? We've got you covered.
We prepare and file qualifications for a foreign corporation or LLC, plus we provide registered agent services in all 50 states.
With our Foreign Qualification Package we will:
- Check name availability in the state of foreign qualification.
- Prepare and file the Application or Certificate of Authority in the state of foreign qualification.
- Obtain a Certificate of Good Standing and/or a certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation/Formation of your company from the home or â€œdomestic" state (as required per state). These documents must be filed with the Application or Certificate of Authority.
- Pay all state foreign qualification filing fees.
- Expedite the filing (excluding CA-unless requested)
- FREE AGENT SERVICE! We will act as registered agent for (DE the remainder of the billing cycle, all other states 1 year) at no additional cost.
We'll get it done — fast!
- We can complete the foreign qualification process in Delaware 1-2 business days and in most other states within 3 to 7 business days (a few states can take as long as 3-6 weeks).
- We prepare the Application or Certificate of Authority forms and send them to you for signature. (Most states require an officer of the corporation or a member of the LLC to sign the documents.)
- Once we receive your signed documents, we obtain the Certificate of Good Standing and/or certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or Formation from the domestic state.
- We perform a preliminary name check (if necessary) to verify availability in the foreign state.
- Upon receipt of all supporting documentation from the state of formation, we file with the foreign state.
- Upon approval of the Application or Certificate of Authority, we forward the filed evidence to you as proof of filing.
Ready to get started? Call 800.441.5940 or Chat Now.